- Cherokee Nation, 1975 Constitution
- 1839 Constitution of the Cherokee Nation
- The Act Of Union Of 1839
"Act of Union Between the
Eastern And Western Cherokees"
- Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma 1975 Constitution
- Cherokee Constitution Convention
Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma
Published Sunday, February 28, 1999
- A History of the Cherokee Nation Judicial Branch
"The Cherokee Nation Judicial Appeals
Tribunal (JAT) was created by Article
VII of the 1975 Constitution. The 1999
Cherokee Constitution then changed the
name of the court to the Cherokee Nation
Supreme Court in Article VIII Section 1.
It is comprised of five Justices. The
Supreme Court has appeallate jurisdiction
and other jurisdiction as conferred by statue."
"Opinion Survey Poll Showed Cherokees DID NOT
Support Cherokee Chief Joe Byrd's Actions!!!
- Testimony of The Honorable Chadwick "Corntassel" Smith
Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation, Oklahoma
Before the Senate Committee On Indian Affairs
Hearing on the Indian Reservation Roads (IRR) Program
and the Surface Highway Reauthorization Legislation
June 4, 2003
- Buyer Beware, Only Three Cherokee Groups Recognized
Official Statement Cherokee Nation,
Oklahoma, Monday, November 13, 2000
- State of Nation Tribal Council Meeting
"Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, 07/17/2000."
Provided by Mike Miller,
CNO Director of Communications
- Motion for Partial Judgement Filed Against Cherokee Chief Joe Byrd
Mr. Charles W. Shipley (Monday, February 8, 1999)
- News Release: November 5, 1998
"Concerning The Annual Funding Agreement
between the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma and
the BIA." Mr. Charles W. Shipley Attorney
- Department of Interior Office of the Inspector General
"September '98 Survey of Legal Services Costs
Incurred by the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma"
- Affidavit of Bennie Glad -&- Affidavit of Pat Ragsdale
"Shredding Of Police Documents On June 20, 1997"
(Sunday, August 23, 1998)
- Clifford Arneecher, Cherokee Nation Marshals; Plaintiffs,
VS. CASE NO. JAT-97-29-B (Filed: July 10, 1997)
Cherokee Nation - Chief Joe Byrd; Defendant
- Appliance Store In Grove Issued
"Subpoena To Produce Purchase Records,
Re: Surveilance/Wiretapping Equip." (August 16, 1998)
- Hunting and Fishing Rights "Final brief in the
Chad Smith "fishing rights" case." From: Chad Smith
Cherokee Attorney at Law
(Wednesday, August 5, 1998)
- In 1992 Judge Tina Glory Jordan ruled
"W.W. Complex is Indeed INDIAN COUNTRY!"
Received/Provided by, Cherokee Press Association
(Tuesday, July 28, 1998)
- Objection To Motion, To Dismiss
"By Joe Byrd And Brief" Submitted by:
Chadwick Smith (Tuesday, July 21, 1998)
- Reinstatement of Legitimate Marshals
"JAT Order: Filed July 7, 1998" (Tuesday, July 7, 1998)
- Motion for Disqualification of Judges Denied
"JAT Order Filed July 6, 1998" (Tuesday, July 7, 1998)
- News Releases: of July 2, 1998
"Rex Earl Starr, Battles, Finley and Joe Byrd Added
As Defendents To Illegal Wire Tapping Lawsuit" Received
from, Mr. Charles W. Shipley And Provided by the,
Cherokee Press Association (Thursday, July 2, 1998)
- Motion To Add "Re: Wiretapping Lawsuit Filed July 02,
1998" Copy of legal document, as provided by the, Cherokee
Press Association (Thursday, July 2, 1998)
- Motions Will Be Heard "In A Cherokee Citizens Civil Rights Case
On June 20th" (CPA Press Release of Thursday, June 4, 1998)
- Cherokee Nation Marshals Apply For Emergency Hearing
"Before the Cherokee Nation's Highest Court" (CPA)
Press Release of May 21, 1998 (Friday, May 22, 1998)
- News Release: of May 19, 1998 "Copy of the Federal
Wiretapping Suit" Received from, Mr. Charles W. Shipley
And Provided by the, Cherokee Press Association Wednesday,
May 20, 1998 (Thursday, May 21, 1998)
- News Releases: of May 19, 1998 'Concerning Federal
Wiretapping Suit' "We have not yet named Chief Joe Byrd as
a defendant in our lawsuit..." Received from, Mr.Charles W.
Shipley And Provided by the, Cherokee Press Association
Thursday, May 21, 1998 (Friday, May 22, 1998)
- Depositions for Civil Action "Number CIV-97-676-B"
- Deposition of Chief Joe Byrd: Number of Pages: 1 - 168
(Pages 1 - 39 Currently Online)
- Deposition of Jennie L. Battles
- Deposition of Rex Earl Starr
- Deposition of Charles A. Gourd
- Deposition of Charles Lee Head
- Telephonic Deposition of James Hamilton
"Held Before U.S. Judge Michael Burrage"
- Order For Temporary Restraining Order
"And Hearing On Preliminary Injunction
(Signed on the 31st day of January, 1998)
- Byrant Files Petition "Asking For Special Prosecutor"
(Filed: February 25, 1998)
- Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma: "Councilors Send Formal Request"
(February 20, 1998)
- Judicial Appeals Tribunal Issues Orders
"To Suspended Judges Jordan & Littlejohn"
(Filed: February 17, 1998)
- Letter From Suspended "Cherokee Nation District Court Judge"
(February 6, 1998)
- DeMoss Files Motion "To Strike Hearing & Amend His Petition"
(Filed: February 5, 1998)
- Letter From Special Council Committee "To the
Cherokee Nation Judicial Appeals Tribunal (JAT) &
District Court Judges" (February 3, 1998)
- Deposition Summary Of: James Hamilton (February 2, 1998)
- Deloitte & Touche "Audit Status & Expected Summary"
For Cherokee Nation FY 1997