NARA Federal Register Online - GPO Access ~ Native Americans
- Resolution Passes to Change Team Name
"'Redskins' is offensive and hurtful."
Resolution 14-262 passed 12 to 1,
Tuesday, November 6, 2001, in the
Council of the District of Columbia
- BIA Commemorates 175 Years, Sept. 8, 2000
"BIA Assistant Secretary, Kevin Gover's Statement"
- Babbitt Praises Settlement
"Ending Arizona Mine Controversy"
U.S. Department of the Interior News
(NAIIP News ~ Friday, September, 1, 2000)
- Department of the Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs
Proposed rule: CDIB of Indian or Alaska Native Blood
Federal Register: April 18, 2000 (Volume 65, Number 75)
- State of the Hopi Nation Address
Wayne Taylor, Chairman, The Hopi Tribe
Published Tuesday, January 25, 2000
Newspaper of the Hopi Tribe Vol.X No.2
- Resolution of the Wounded Knee District
"Council Of The Oglala Sioux Tribe Supporting
Camp Justice's Stand, Signed On October 19, 1999
- Public Law 104-301 104th Congress
An Act To provide for the settlement of the Navajo-Hopi land dispute,
and for other purposes. NOTE: Oct. 11, 1996 - [S. 1973]. The Act commonly
known as the "Navajo-Hopi Land Settlement Act of 1974"
(Public Law 93-531; 25 U.S.C. 640d et seq.)
- Treatment of Native American And Funeral Objects In The United States
"Protest Against Florida International Museum" Marie Samuel,
Vice President Yachay Wasi (Sunday, January 24, 1999)
- Remarks by the President at the Native American Conference
"Building Economic Self-Determination In Indian Communities"
(August 6, 1998)
- Finance-Guyana: "Backers of Gold Mine Have History of Disaster"
By Pratap Chatterjee (August 31, 1998)
- Environment-Guyana: "Cyanide spill could be long-term disaster!"
By Pratap Chatterjee (August 30, 1998)
- Executive Order "On American Indian and Alaska Native Education"
(August 6, 1998)
- "NAGPRA Policy Statement" Of July 10, 1998
The Inter-Tribal Council of the Five Civilized Tribes
Cherokee * Chickasaw * Choctaw * Muscogee Creek * Seminole
(Organized February 3rd, 1950)
- Leonard Peltier Strategy Meeting Report
"Of June 26th, 1998, Washington D.C."
From the Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
- Clinton's "Interference" In Mexico
"From Wounded Knee to Chiapas"
by Darrin Wood, Director NAP-Europa
(December 28, 1997)
- Kahnawake Women’s Council Position
"Concerning the Archer Daniels Midland Grain
Storage Facility in Kahnawake" (October 28, 1997)
- Implications of Malt Liquor Case
Crazy Horse Defense Project (November 4, 1997)
- Federal Court Issues Injuction
"On Most Minnesota Spring Spearing - Chippewa Spearing/Netting" Season
(Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota) (April 10, 1997)
- Walk To Save Our Waters ~ From Janesville to Crandon, Wisconsin
Starting April 26, 1997 "Join in the walk as it comes through your area!"
- Chippewa Spearing/Netting Season
"Witness for Non-Violence Reactivated In Minnesota and Wisconsin"
(Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota) (April 1997)
- Border Rights
"Borderzone: Indigenous fighting for right of passage
Native border rights alliance result of tireless efforts."
By Brenda Norrell (1997)
- 507 years and counting..."Honor Fort Laramie Treaty"
by Charmaine White Face (Wednesday October 2, 1997)
- Gore Says Salvage Logging is "Biggest Mistake"
"But the logging continues!" From Jim Jontz
and Steve Holmer (September 27, 1996)
- Papua New Guinea Patents
"The Human Genome Diversity Project"
(Sunday, 15th October 1995)
- Tribal Representation in Washington, D.C.
"It's Past & Future Role in Executive
Branch and Congressional Policy-Making"
(A Three-Part Paper, November 1993)
- The Impact Of Proposed Amendments To
"The American Indian Religious Freedom Act On
Other Uses Of Public Lands" (September 1993)
- The Indian Child Welfare Act "The Need For A Separate Law"
By B.J. Jones author of The Indian Child Welfare Act Handbook
(ABA Family Law Section, 1995).
- From Marshall to Marshall
"The Supreme Court's Changing Stance On Tribal Sovereignty"
By Philip J. Prygoski, professor of law at the
Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan.
- Title 50 CFR 22.22- Wildlife and Fisheries
United States Fish and Wildlife Service, Department of the
Interior Part 22--Eagle Permits Subpart C--Eagle Permits
Sec. 22.22 Permits for Indian religious purposes.
- 1837 Treaty Case Information ~ Spring Issue of "Masinaigan"
Masinaigan (pronounced Muz in i ay gin) is published by
the Great Lakes Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission.
Subscriptions are free.
- U.S. Government Sued For Radiation
"United States Government Sued For
Wrongful Human Radiological Experiments"
- A Human Rights Tragedy
"Native People's Rights In National Parks Are Under Attack"
- Rosebud Sioux Tribe Supreme Court
"Text of decision on jurisdiction in malt liquor case."
- White House Press Release
"Executive Order concerning, Tribal Colleges and Universities"
- Amendment To Be Proposed To Restore $56M For Indian Education
Senator McCain (R-AZ) to introduce amendment.
- Chief Oren Lyons Address to the UN General Assembly
"The Year of the Indigenous Peoples" Speech transcribed
from audio tape: by Craig Carpenter (December 10, 1992)
- Spirit Bear Habitat Under The Ax
"Under the Ax from Clearcutting in British
Columbia is hurting the Kitasoo People."
Written, Oct 10, 1995, by Rainforest News
- Minnesota Judge Recommends Revocation of "'Crazy Horse Malt Liquor' Label"
R. P. Gough, Attorney for the Estate (September 15, 1995)
- United States Code (USC)
- 25 USC Title 25 - Indians: US Government laws pertaining to American Indians in HTML format. Maintained by the Legal Information Institute, Cornell Law School.
- U.S. Code Gopher: Established by the House Information Systems at the request of the Law Revision Counsel of the U.S. House of Representatives. Also links to 25 USC Title 25 - Indians, organized a bit differently than the one at the Cornell Law School.
- Papua New Guinea Patents
"Human Genome Diversity Project - Treaty For A Life
Forms Patent Free Pacific!" (Sunday, 15th October 1995)
- Traditional Support Caravan to the Black Mesa
"Urgent Relief Caravan to Support Navajo and Hopi Resisters!"
- Big Mountain Dineh (Navajo), Hopi, Peabody Legal Update
"September, 1995 Summary of Legal Victory!"
Administrative Law Court Hearing, Appeal
of Peabody's Kayenta mine permit renewal.
From the Dineh Alliance (September, 1995)
- House of Representatives and Senate Bills
"U.S. Congress bills pertaining to American Indian People"
- List of Education Cuts
"This list may help you find out how government
education budget cuts will affect your state."
- Prophecy Messages
"Delivered and Submitted on 11-22-93, at the United
Nations, in New York, by Martin Gashweseoma."
- Prophecy Message II - September 1962
Re-submitted 11/23/93 by the Grandson of Monongye,
Manuel Hoyungowa, Messenger from Sovereign Hopi Nation
and Prophecy Message of Monongye, Religious Leader,
Sovereign Hopi Nation to the United Nations
- Cry of The Earth
The legacy of First Nations Prophecies of Turtle Island.
November 22, l993 at the United Nations in New York.
- Quotes from The Cry of The Earth "The Legacy of The First Nations"
The Wittenburg Center for Alternative Resources presents
quotes from VHS video tapes of The Cry of The Earth.
Information on how to obtain these tapes is included.
- Sacred Serpent Mound Support Letter to the Editor
National Environmental Coalition of Native Americans sends letter
in support of the Sacred Serpent Mound in Adam County, Ohio.
- Rights Speech of December 10th, 1994
A speech given by Chief Abel Bosum of the Ouje -
Bougoumou Cree Nation at the Kennedy Library in Boston, MA